Adoption Resource Program
I'm only one. But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
-- Edward Everett Hale
There are currently over 7,000 children in the state of Kentucky that are in out of home care. By making the children our top priority, we are committed to finding forever families who will be able to provide these children with the love and nurturing they will need to become thriving individuals later in life.
The Family Enrichment Center's Adoption Resource Program provides services to families who are interested in adoption, families who have adopted children through foster care, families who are in the process of foster care adoption, and children in foster care awaiting adoption. Program services include:
- A resource library with materials on adoption, foster care, special needs, and parenting
- Provides information on private and state adoptions
- Recruitment of new, adoptive families for those children awaiting adoption in the foster care system
- Adoptive and foster family support groups and educational trainings
- Child care for those attending support group meetings and trainings
- Phone support and crisis intervention
- Assists in MAPP (Model Approach to Partnership in Parenting) training for foster and/or adoptive parents
Learn more by downloading the Requirements and State Guidelines for becoming a foster and/or adoptive parent in the State of Kentucky.